Most important information about the school
Kaunas Jonas and Petras Vileisiai school is a budgetary institution. Its founder is Kaunas City Municipality. The school implements Preschool, Pre-primary, Primary and Lower Secondary Education. Teaching language – Lithuanian. Code 190136549.
The pre-school curriculum is for 3-5 years old children. The curriculum includes five areas of competence: social and emotional learning, development of cognitive competence, language and communication, physical activity, arts education. The pre-school curriculum is designed for 6-year-olds and lasts one year. The program develops key competences: social, health care, communicative, cognitive, artistic. The primary curriculum is for children aged 7-10. The purpose of primary education is to provide the pupil with the basics of moral and social, cultural maturity, to develop literacy, to help him/her prepare for successful learning under the lower secondary education program. The first part of the lower secondary education curriculum is for children aged 11-14. During the basic curriculum, pupils develop their 21st century skills and prepare for further learning at a gymnasium or vocational training school.
The school is valued by the local community for the following features:
1. Full Day School. Children up to 11 years old can spend the whole day at school (7:45 am to 5:00 pm). The school offers a variety of non-formal education, pupils receive the necessary support for learning, develop general competences and 21st century skills.
2. Microsoft Showcase School. Education is implemented using Microsoft technologies for education. Learning is covered by Office365 and many other applications. Pupils prepare for lifelong learning.
3. Social and emotional education programs “Time together” and “Lions Quest”. Pupils develop the most important social and emotional competences: self-management, self-awareness, responsible decision making, relationship skills, and social awareness.
4. Thinking school. Step by step we are implementing the program, designed by Thinking Schools international©. It is a unique, scalable, sustainable, approach for explicitly developing all students’ abilities for thinking and directly transferring thinking processes to learning content across the disciplines and age levels.
5. Global Education. Teachers have developed and are implementing a global education program for 11-14 year olds. Students are taught to investigate the world, recognize perspectives, communicate ideas, and take action.
6. STEAM school. We are part of the Lithuanian STEAM school network. We run national and international projects, who aim to develop STEAM competences. We seek to involve students in experiential, problem-based learning, and choose STEAM career.
7. Character education. Value education is integrated into all areas of curriculum content. We want all students to develop citizenship, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and respect.
In the 2018 – 2019 school year we are educating:
- 97 Preschoolers (5 groups);
- 63 Pre-schoolers (4 groups);
- 391 Primary school students (17 classes);
- 325 Lower secondary school students (13 classes).
Requests for learning can be sent electronically via Kaunas City Municipality information system http://imokykla.kaunas.lt or coming to the School office during week days from 7.45 am to 16.45 pm
Address: Demokratu st. 36, LT-48420 Kaunas;
tel.: (8 37) 362827
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org